The chapter “Chuskit Goes to School” is Chapter 16 taken from the Class 4 Environmental Studies textbook Let’s Look Around and Learn for students of JKBOSE. This particular post will detail you about Chuskit Goes to School Class 4 Question Answers. In the last post, you have already read about Question Answers of Chapter 15 Defence Officer Wahida. Let’s get started:
Chuskit Goes to School Class 4 Question Answers
The chapter “Chuskit Goes to School” is a short story about a girl who could not walk on her legs but wanted to go to school. The chapter is about how the students, teachers and headmaster of the school helped her to join the school.
Page No. 130
- How do you go to school?
Ans. I go to school on foot because there is no road from my home to school.
- Find out where Ladakh is. What kind of a place is it?
Ans. Ladakh is in Kashmir. It is the highest plateau of the Indian state. It is situated at a great height of 3000 m. It is a very cold place and is known as a cold desert.
Page No. 132
- What are the things that you enjoy doing in school?
Ans. I enjoy learning, watching cartoons and playing outdoor games.
- Do you like going to school?
Ans. Yes. I like to go to school.
- Would you like it if you never could go to school?
Ans. No, I cannot even imagine not going to school because I feel sad and bored at home.
A Good Idea
Page No. 134 Talk About it.
- Who all helped Chuskit to reach school?
Ans. Abdul, the Headmaster, teachers and all the children of the school helped Chuskit to reach the school.
- If you were Abdul what would you have done?
Ans. I would have done the same thing that Abdul did for Chuskit.
- At last, Chuskit could reach school. Do you think that she may face some difficulties in school? What kind of difficulties? If you were Chuskit’s friend, how would you help her?
Ans. Yes, I think she would have to face problems such as the problem of moving over stairs etc. She will not be able to play outdoor games like other children. Also, she may face problems going to the toilet. I would help her in moving around and would support her in all possible ways.
- Do you have ramps in your school on which a wheelchair can move?
Ans. No, we have no ramps in our school.
- Do you know any child near your house who cannot go to school because of some difficulty? Would you like to help such a child? How will you help?
Ans. Yes, there is one girl in my surround who is blind and cannot go to school. I would like to help her if her parents allow me to do so. I will help her in going to school.
- Look at the buildings around your house. Can a wheelchair go inside the building?
Ans. No, the wheelchair cannot be taken inside the building around my house because they do not have ramps.
Let us Do Page No. 134
- Draw pictures of a ramp and a wheelchair in your notebook.
- Why not make your own bridge? For this, use materials that you can find around you-Ice cream sticks, plastic spoons, small sticks, rope, string etc. Your friends can also make a bridge.
Ans. Do it yourself.
- In a group of friends make a model showing fields, rivers, mountains, roads, railway tracks, etc. You can use clay, sand, pebbles, twigs, and leaves. Place your bridges at different positions on this model.
Ans. Do it yourself.
Help Chuskit to reach school
Chuskit Goes to School Class 4 Summary Notes
It’s a story of a girl named Chuskit from Skipto Pul village of Ladakh. She is a differently-abled child and could not walk on her legs. The chapter is about how others help her come to school.
- She was 10 years old but was going to school for the first time.
- She had to wait for so long for this day.
- She wanted to go to school but she cannot walk and the children have to walk and cross a river and climb a small upward path to reach the school
- Chuskit was different from other children because she could not use her legs since birth.
- Chuskit used to sit near the window all day long and draw pictures but she was bored of this.
- She became happy when her father bought a wheelchair for her.
- She quickly learnt how to sit in the chair and how to move it back and forth.
- She was very happy that she can come out on her own now with help of a wheelchair.
- On seeing the children going to school every morning she wished she could go to school.
- One day Abdul came to her house and asked her why she did not go to school. She told him that she cannot walk.
- She told him that her father cannot carry him to school every day also she cannot come on her chair because the road to school is not levelled and also, and she cannot cross the river.
- Abdul asked whether she would not want to go to school if she could. She told that she would like to go to school like other children if she could.
A Good Idea
- Abdul went back from Chuskit’s house and started thinking of how to get Chuskit to school.
- He explained about Chuskit to the Headmaster and talked to the teachers till they agreed with his thoughts.
- Now everyone got together to work so that Chuskit’s problem could be solved and she could bring her wheelchair to the school.
- One group of children started levelling the road. Another group worked to make the area near the river even.
- The older children took the teacher’s help to make a small bridge with flat pieces of wood across the river.
- Everyone worked hard happily because they wanted Chuskit to come to school.
- By the evening all the work was done and the next day Chuskit was ready to go to school.
That’s all we have about Chuskit Goes to School Class 4 EVS Question Answers. Hope you found it meaningful. Do share your views about this post in the comment section below.