The chapter “Clothing and Culture” is Chapter 21 from Let’s Look Around and Learn Environmental Studies for students of Class 5th of JKBOSE. This post is precisely about Clothing and Culture Class 5 EVS Question Answers. In my last post, you read about Air its Uses and Pollution Class 5 EVS Chapter Notes. Let’s get started with today’s post:
Clothing and Culture Class 5 EVS Question Answers
The chapter “Clothing and Culture” is about diversities in dresses, cultures, languages and food habits in different parts of our country India. All this diversity is due to the geographical conditions of the country.
I. Fill in the blanks
- India is a ___________ country.
- Jammu and Kashmir has very ___________ climate.
- The special dance of Jammu is ___________.
- Dhazu is worn by ladies of ___________.
- The headgear that Punjabi men wear is ___________.
- India is a vast country.
- Jammu and Kashmir have a very cold climate.
- The special dance of Jammu is Rouf.
- Dhazu is worn by ladies of Himachal Pradesh.
- The headgear that Punjabi men wear is Pagdi.
II. Answer the following questions.
- In which two states are milk and lassi popular drinks?
Ans. The states of Punjab and Haryana have milk and lassi as their popular drinks.
- Name the famous dance form of Kerala.
Ans. The famous dance of Kerala is Kathakali.
- Which state is famous for Bharatanatyam?
Ans. Tamil Nadu is famous for Bharatanatyam.
- Name the folk dance of Tamil Nadu.
Ans. The folk dance of Tamil Nadu is Kalattam.
- What is the special name of blouses worn by women of Karanataka?
Ans. The special name of blouses worn by women of Karanataka is Kupsas.
- Which is the famous dance of Andhra Pradesh?
Ans. The famous dance of Andhra Pradesh is Kuchipudi.
- Name the state where most of the people are Christians.
Ans. Mizoram is a state where most of the people are Christians.
- Name the classical dance of Odisha.
Ans. The classical dance of Odisha is Odissi.
- Which is the folk dance of Maharashtra?
Ans. The folk dance of Maharashtra is Tamasha.
- In which state Gandhi’s cap is very famous?
Ans. Gandhi’s cap is very famous in Gujarat.
III. Write the name of clothes worn by the people of the following states/ UT
- Tamil Nadu 2. Kerala 3. Jammu & Kashmir 4. Gujarat 5. Odisha.
Ans. 1. Tamil Nadu. People wear cotton clothes as there is a hot and humid climate. Men wear dhotis called veshtis or lungi and shirts. A cotton towel or thundu is also placed over the shoulders. Young girls wear ‘pavada’ and blouse which is similar to lehenga. Ladies generally wear sarees.
2. Kerala. The traditional dress of Kerala is mundu and a shirt for men. Ladies wear mundu and blouse. The women of Kerala wear cream-coloured handloom sarees with a golden border on them.
3. Jammu and Kashmir. Kashmir Division has a very cold climate. The people wear dresses which completely cover their bodies. For this, they wear long loose coats called phirans and salwars. The women wear veils and the men wear fur caps.
4. Gujarat. People wear light clothes. The Gujarati men like to wear Dhoti-Kurta and Gandhi caps. Some wear churidar pyjamas with jackets and colourful turbans. The women wear sarees, lehengas, cholis and odhnis.
5. Orissa. Men wear dhotis and kurtas. Women wear sarees and blouses. Women wear a lot of silver jewellery.
IV. Match the following.
|1. Churidar trousers with achkan||(a) Assam|
|2. Mekhala||(b) Nagaland|
|3. Shawl with special designs for identification.||(c) Karnataka|
|4. Angavastra||(d) Jammu & Kashmir|
|5. Bhakhan and Suhag||(e) Rajasthan|
|1. Churidar trousers with achkan||(e) Rajasthan|
|2. Mekhala||(a) Assam|
|3. Shawl with special designs for identification.||(b) Nagaland|
|4. Angavastra||(c) Karnataka|
|5. Bhakhan and Suhag||(d) Jammu & Kashmir|
V. Write (T) for true (F) for false against the following statements.
- Phiran is used in colder regions. ()
- Kud and Rauf are famous dances form of Jammu and Kashmir. ()
- The most famous dish of Gujarat is Dhokla. ()
- Tamasha is the folk dance of Rajasthan. ()
- Light clothes are worn in regions where there is moderate temperature. ()
- Phiran is used in colder regions. (True)
- Kud and Rauf are famous dances form of Jammu and Kashmir. (True)
- The most famous dish of Gujarat is Dhokla. (True)
- Tamasha is the folk dance of Rajasthan. (False)
- Light clothes are worn in regions where there is moderate temperature. (True)
VI. Classify the following dresses into men and women.
Kurta-Pyjama, Saree-blouse, Lehenga, Gaghra-choli, Odhani, Achkan, Salwar, Mundu, Coat, Skirt.
That’s all we have about Clothing and Culture Class 5 EVS Question Answers. Hope you got your answers. Do share your views about this post in the comment section.