The chapter “Ear to Ear” discussed in this post is based on Let’s Look Around and Learn Environmental Studies Class IV for students of JKBOSE. In this post, I am providing you Ear to Ear Chapter 3 Class 4 EVS Chapter Notes in brief. You have already read Ear to Ear Class 4 Question Answers in my earlier post. Let’s get started:
Ear to Ear Chapter 3 Class 4 EVS Chapter Notes
Who has got my ears?
The picture above has animals with interchanged ears. It makes the animals in the picture look funny. If we look at these animals we will find.
- The elephant has Mouse’s ears on its head.
- Buffalo has Deer’s ears on its head.
- Giraffe has Elephant’s ears on its head.
- Rabbit has Giraffe’s ear on its head.
- The mouse has Dog’s ears on its head.
- Deer has Buffalo’s ears on its head.
- A dog has Rabbit’s ears on its head.
Different animals around us have different kinds of ears. Some animals have ears larger than ours while there are several animals having ears smaller than us. There are animals too whose ears are not visible to our eyes i.e. we cannot see their ears.
Here in this table, the names of some animals are given whose ears we can see and whose ears we cannot see.
|Animals with ears that we can see||Animals with ears that we cannot see|
- The animals whose ears we cannot see do have ears but they are hidden so we cannot see them.
- Birds, insects, reptiles and fishes are common animals whose ears we cannot see.
- The elephant has fan-like ears.
- Birds have tiny holes on both sides of their head and they are generally covered with feathers.
- Lizards also have tiny holes on its head as their ears. Similarly, crocodile also has holes on the sides of its head but we cannot see them.
Now, we can identify various animals by identifying their ears, similarly, we can identify different animals by looking at the different patterns on their skin.
- The different patterns on the animal’s skin are due to the colour of the hair on their skin.
- The hair on the skin of animals like cows, buffalo and elephants etc. cannot be seen from a distance because they are small.
- Birds lay eggs while animals give birth to their babies.
- The animals whose ears can be seen have hair on their body and they give birth to the young ones.
- The animals whose ears cannot be seen do not have hair on their body and they lay eggs.
That’s all we have about Ear to Ear Chapter 3 Class 4 EVS Chapter Notes. Hope it has helped you. Do share your views in the comment section below.
Leave a Reply