The chapter “Ear to Ear” is taken from Let’s Look Around and Learn Environmental Studies Class IV for students of JKBOSE. In this chapter, you have learnt to identify different animals by seeing their ears and skin colours and patterns. This post is about Ear to Ear Chapter 3 Class 4 EVS Question Answers. You can also read Solutions of all chapters of Class 4 JKBOSE EVS here. Let’s not waste much time and get started with this post:
The chapter “Ear to Ear” is designed to help children identify different animals by looking at their ears and their skin patterns. Different animals have a different kinds of ears. Also, the animals around us have different types of patterns on their skin. You have read about this in this chapter.
Ear to Ear Chapter 3 Class 4 EVS Question Answers
Who has Got My Ears?
Questions Page No. 19, 20, 21
- Are these animals looking funny?
Ans. Yes, these animals are looking funny.
- The artist has drawn the wrong ears on the heads of the animals. Give correct ears to the animals in the space given below.
- Different animals have different kinds of ears. Among the animals given below, which one have ears that you can see? In which animal can you not see the ears? Write in the table below.
|Animals with ears that we can see||Animals with ears that we cannot see|
- Do you think that the animals whose ears we cannot see really do not have ears?
Ans. They have ears but they are hidden.
Let us obverse this picture
- Name the animals in the picture
Ans. Duck, parrot, frog, sparrow, hen and crow.
- Can you see their ear?
Ans. They all have ears, even though we cannot see them.
- Find out some other animals which have ears that we cannot see. Write their names
Ans. We cannot see the ears of all insects, aquatic animals, birds and reptiles.
Read and Write Page No. 21
- An animal with ears like fans ______________
- An animal with ears like leaves ______________
- An animal with ears on the top of its head ______________
- An animal with ears on both side of its head ______________
- An animal with ears like fans Elephant
- An animal with ears like leaves Rabbit
- An animal with ears on the top of its head Rabbit
- An animal with ears on both side of its head Dog
Whose Skin Questions Page No. 21, 22, 23
- Now you know how to recognise animals by their ears. Let us see if we can recognise animals by their skin. Match the animals shown here with pictures of their skin. Make the correct pattern of the skin on the picture of each animal.
- Have you ever seen an animal without hair or whose hair has been removed?
Ans. Yes, I have seen sheep without hair.
- You might have seen some of the animals given below:
Fox Elephant Sparrow Pigeon
Frog Crow Peacock Pig
Mouse Cat Buffalo Duck
Hen Camel Lizard Cow
Put the name of the animals in the table:
|Ears can be seen||Has hair on skin||Ears cannot be seen||Has feathers on skin|
- In which list did you put the cow and the buffalo? From a distance, can you see the hair on their skin? Try to go near one of them. Could you see the hair?
Ans. The cow and buffalo are included in two lists: 1) Ears can be seen 2) Has hair on skin. The hair on their skin cannot be seen from a distance. Yes, we can see the hair on their skin after going near them.
- If you were to meet an elephant, would you dare to touch it?
Ans. No, I would not dare to touch it.
- Do you know that an elephant also has hair on its skin?
Ans. Yes, I know
- Can you tell which of the animals mentioned in the list lay eggs? Find out and write the names of these animals in the green box. Which of the animals in the list give birth to babies? Write their names in the red box.
Questions Page No 24-25
- Have you seen animals around your house or school that have small babies? Write their names in your notebook.
Ans. Yes, I have seen dogs, cows, cats, etc. around our house and they have small babies.
- Have you ever kept a pet? Does anyone you know keep a pet?
Ans. Yes, I have a pet cat. I also know some people who keep a pet.
- Find out more about the pet.
(a) Which animal is it?
Ans. It is a cat.
(b) Does it have a pet name?
Ans. Yes, I call it Lucy.
(c) Who gave it this name?
Ans. I gave it this name.
(d) What does it like to eat?
Ans. She likes to drink milk.
(e) How many times a day is it given food? ‘
Ans. I used to feed it thrice a day.
(f) When does it sleep? For how long does it sleep?
Ans. Cats are sleepy and can sleep anytime. It sleeps around 15-17 hours a day.
(g) Is there any special way to look after this animal? How?
Ans. No, there is no special way though but we should keep it clean and consult a veterinary doctor in case of abnormal behaviour.
(h) Does it get angry? When? How do you know it is angry?
Ans. Yes, it gets angry. When it gets angry it tries to scratch things.
(i) Does it have hair or feathers on its skin?
Ans. Yes, t has hair on its skin.
(j) Can you see its ears?
Ans. Yes, I can see its ears.
(k) Is it a baby or a young animal or a full-grown animal?
Ans. It’s a young animal.
(l) Will this pet animal lay eggs or give birth to babies?
Ans. It will give birth to babies.
(m) Does it have young ones?
Questions Page No. 26
- Look at this picture. What do you see? Find out the name of the animal.
Ans. I see an animal in the picture. It’s a dinosaur.
- Have you seen any animal that looks a little like a dinosaur? Do you know its name?
Ans. Yes, I have seen animals that look like a dinosaur. They are lizard and crocodile
Find out from your elders.
- Look at this animal. Write its name. Do you know that this is our National Animal?
Ans. It is a tiger. Yes, I know that the tiger is our national animal.
- Where does it live?
Ans. It lives in thick forests.
- The numbers of this animal are going down in India. Discuss why this could be happening.
Ans. The number of tigers is decreasing day by day in India. There are two main reasons for this decline and they are illegal hunting of tigers and deforestation.
That’s all we have about Ear to Ear Chapter 3 Class 4 EVS Question Answers. Hope you get answers for your query. Do share your views about this post in comments.