The chapter “Home and Abroad” is Chapter 14 taken from the Let’s Look Around and Learn Environmental Studies textbook for students of Class 4 of JKBOSE. This particular post will detail you about Home and Abroad Class 4 EVS Question Answers. In the last post, you have already read about Question Answers of Chapter 13 The World in My Home. Let’s get started:
Home and Abroad Class 4 EVS Question Answers
The chapter “Home and Abroad” is a comparison between home (Jammu & Kashmir) and abroad (Abu Dhabi). The relatives of Rabia came back from Abu Dhabi after five years and the children after meeting discusses the difference between their hometown and Abu Dhabi.
Discuss and Write Page No. 120 – 123
- You can also make a small report comparing Abu Dhabi with the place where you live. You can use some of these points mentioned below while writing the report. You can also draw pictures or put photographs.
- The climate and weather
- What people wear
- The trees and plants
- The kind of buildings
- The traffic on the roads (kinds of vehicles)
- The common food items
- The language
|Point of Comparison||Abu Dhabi||Jammu and Kashmir|
|The climate and weather||Dry Climate||Moderate in summer and cold in winter|
|What people wear||Loose cotton clothes with their head covered||Cotton clothes in summer and woollen clothes in winter|
|Trees and Plants||No trees no greenery, only date trees||Green lush trees like deodar pine etc.|
|Kind of buildings||Tall skyscrapers||Not tall|
|The traffic on the roads (Kinds of vehicles)||Cars and Buses running on Petrol||All kinds of vehicles.|
|The common food items||Dates, Meat, Biryani, Grapes||Meat, Rice, Chapati, Vegetables|
|The Language||Arabic||Kashmiri, Dogri, Hindi etc.|
- Why do you think many trees cannot grow in desert areas?
Ans. The desert areas have sand all around and also water is scarce due to this many trees cannot grow in desert areas.
- Do you have any relatives who live in another country?
Ans. No, none of my relatives lives in another country but I have a friend who lives in Abu Dhabi.
- How long have they lived there? Did they go there for studies or work? Was there any other reason?
Ans. He has been living there for 7 years now. He went there for work because their currency has a higher value compared to ours.
- Look at these currency notes. Write the value of each note in the box near its picture
- To which country does this currency belong? How did you know?
Ans. These currency notes belong to India. The top of currency notes has the Reserve Bank of India written on them.
- Whose picture can you see on the notes?
Ans. The currency notes have a picture of Mahatma Gandhi on them.
- Can you find any number on the notes (other than the value)?
Ans. Yes, there is a serial number of the note written on the top right and bottom left corner of the note.
- Do you think that two notes can have the same number?
Ans. No, two notes of the same denomination cannot have the same number.
- Take a ten rupee note and observe it carefully. How many languages can you see on the note?
Ans. I can see fifteen languages on the note.
- Write the name of the bank given on the note.
Ans. The name of the bank given on the note is the Reserve Bank of India.
- Match the Coins
- How many of these coins do you recognise?
Ans. I can recognize all of these coins.
- What is written on each coin other than the value?
Ans. ‘India’ is written on each coin other than the value of the coin.
- Look at these notes. Do they all belong to India? Put a circle around notes that are not Indian.
That’s it about Home and Abroad Class 4 EVS Question Answers. Hope you find it useful. Do share your views about this post in the comment section below.
Leave a Reply