Dear Readers, you have read about the summary of chapter Pangong Tso in the previous post. In today’s post, I am providing you with Pangong Tso Class 5th English Question Answers. Pangong Tso is a lake situated in Ladakh. The chapter is a conversation between Hoor, her father and two children. Hoor and her father tell children about Pangong Lake. Let’s not waste much time and discuss the question answers of Pangong Lake:
Pangong Tso Class 5th English Question Answers
Thinking about the Text
A. Answer these questions:
1. What does ‘Pangong’ means and where is it situated?
Ans. ‘Pangong’ means a very long curve. It is the name of a very big lake situated in the Ladakh Union territory of India.
2. Describe the Pangong lake?
Ans. Pangong is a huge lake situated at a distance of 160 km from Leh. It is about 130 km long and 6-7 km wide. It is the highest brackish water lake in the world. The lake has a major part in China. In summer, migratory birds like ducks, gulls etc. are found in it while in winter it gets completely frozen due to intense cold. There are few villages around the lake where people live only in summers. The lake is declared as a wetland of international importance under the Ramsar Convention.
3. Which migratory birds and animals are found in the Pangong in summer?
Ans. The migratory birds which are found in the Pangong in summer include the bar-headed goose, the Brahmini ducks, black-headed Siberian crane while the migratory animals include Kiang and Marmot.
4. Why are civilians allowed to go only 7 km along the shore of the Pangong?
Ans. The civilians are allowed to go only 7 km along the Pangong lake because the other part of the lake is in China. The Pangong Lake has its major part in China.
5. Name the village/s situated around the lake.
Ans. Spangmik is a village at the last point of Pangong lake from the Indian side. The other villages around the Pangong lake includes Phobrang, Lukung and Urung.
6. What does Ramsar Convention mean?
Ans. The Ramsar Convention is an international treaty for the conservation and sustainable utilization of wetlands. According to it, the Pangong lake is looked after by an international organization and they will make sure it is not polluted and will conserve it.
Framing Questions to fit Answers
Sometimes we are asked to frame questions to fit answers. For instance, look at the following:
- I met Munner in the morning.
Ans. When did you meet Muneer?
- The children are playing cricket.
Ans. What are the children playing?
In the above question and Answers, we can gather the nature of the questions from the underlined words.
Write Questions to which the following Answers may fit. The questions you frame should be
related to the underlined word/s.
- Somebody has turned off the TV.
Ans. Who has turned off the TV?
- We normally get up at 5 a.m.
Ans. When do you normally get up?
- There are a hundred students in our class.
Ans. How many students are in your class?
- The boys were playing football.
Ans. What were the boys playing?
- The beggar is asking for money.
Ans. What is the beggar asking for?
- My school is only 1km from my home.
Ans. How far is your school from your home?
- Her mother is a doctor.
Ans. What is her mother?
- I am buying novels for my sister.
Ans. What are you buying for your sister?
- We go every summer to some hill station.
Ans. How often do you go to some hill station?
- She goes to her office by her car.
Ans. How does she go to her office?
Future Simple Tense
Look at the following sentences:
- I shall meet him tomorrow.
- He will come here next Sunday.
The above sentences express some action that will take place or happen at some time in future.
Thus, the Future Simple Tense is used to show or express an action that will happen or take place at a certain time in future and ‘shall/will + the First Form of the Verb’ is used with all the Subjects. However, with the First Person Pronouns (I & We), we prefer to use ‘Shall’ instead of ‘Will’.
Contracted or Short forms:
- will not = won’t
- shall not = shan’t
- will/shall = ’ll
Use the correct Tense form (Simple Future Tense) in the following sentences:
- She ___________ me on Monday. (meet)
Ans. She will meet me on Monday.
- She ________________ my invitation. (accept, not)
Ans. She won’t accept my invitation.
- I ________________ this work tonight. (finish)
Ans. I shall finish this work tonight.
- When _________________ your doctor? (you see)
Ans. When will you see your doctor?
- I may finish early. Then I ____________ to the library. (go)
Ans. I may finish early. Then I shall go to the library.
- ________ you ___________ to work on the weekend? (agree)
Ans. Will you agree to work on the weekend?
- Tomorrow __________ Monday. (be)
Ans. Tomorrow will be Monday.
- Who ____________ you to complete the task? (help)
Ans. Who will help you to complete the task?
- She ____________ a doctor when she grows up. (be)
Ans. She shall be a doctor when she grows up.
- I ________________ the doctor tomorrow. (consult)
Ans. I shall consult the doctor tomorrow.
Have a class discussion on the topic: ‘Importance of Water Bodies’.
Ans. Do it in your class.
Write a few sentences on any local lake, you have visited.
Dal Lake is situated in the middle of the Srinagar city of Kashmir region of Jammu and Kashmir (UT). It is an urban lake, which is the second largest in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. It is 7.44km long and 3.5km wide. It covers an area of 18 square kilometres and is a part of a natural wetland.
It is the most visited place in Srinagar by tourists and locals. Lotus flowers are found floating on the water. It has become an attractive place for tourists around the world. The lake is also an important source for commercial operations in fishing and water plant harvesting. Many migratory birds are seen flying over the lake during the summer season.
That’s all about Pangong Tso Class 5th English Question Answers. Hope it has helped in solving your query. Do share your views in the comments section below.
[…] Pangong Tso Question Answers Class 5th Also Read The Shadow Class 5th Poem MCQ Quiz […]