The chapter “The Plant Fairy” is Chapter 1 from Let’s Look Around and Learn Environmental Studies Class 3rd for students of JKBOSE. This particular post is about The Plant Fairy Class 3rd Question Answers. In the last post, you have gone through Poonam’s Day Out Class 3rd Question Answers. Let’s get started with this post:
The Plant Fairy Class 3rd Question Answers
The Chapter The Plant Fairy is about different types of plants. It also makes children understand how the leaves of different plants and trees are different in shapes, size, colour, margins, etc. The children are also asked to crush the leaves of some plants and smell them to find how the leaves of different plants have different smells.
Class 3rd EVS Chapter 2 Question Answers
Narrate/Tell Page No. 10
- Can you name the plant on which Didi was sitting?
Ans. Yes, Didi was sitting on the little grass (plant).
- Have you seen a tree with a trunk as thick as the one shown in the picture?
Narrate/Tell Page No. 11
- Do all the leaves have similar colours, shapes and margins?
Ans. No, all the leaves don’t have similar colours, shapes and margins. They vary from one another in all these characteristics.
Ans. Yes, I have seen such trees with the trunk as thick as shown in the picture. For example, one such tree is the Chinar tree.
Do/Make Page No. 12
- Colour the leaves that you have collected from your surroundings.
Ans. Students have to do it themselves like the picture given below:
- Collect a few leaves of plants like lemon, mango, neem, basil (tulsi), mint (pudina) and coriander (dhaniya). Crush the leaves and smell them. Do they all smell alike? Can you identify the leaves just by their smell?
Ans. No, all the leaves do not smell alike. The leaves of basil (tulsi), mint (pudina) and coriander (dhaniya) have a peculiar smell and they can be easily identified by it.
- Look at the beautiful pictures given over leaf. They are made of dry leaves.
Ans. The given picture has 1) Elephant’s face 2) a Parrot 3) Rat
- Using dry leaves make pictures of different animals in your notebook.
Ans. Students have to collect the leaves and try to make pictures of different animals.
- Look at the rubbings made by the others. Are the rubbings of different plants similar?
Ans. No, the rubbings of different plants are not similar.
- Which leaf gave a good rubbing?
Ans. Leaves with a rough surface and many veins gave good rubbing.
- In the case of which tree was the rubbing of the trunk difficult? Why?
Ans. The rubbing of the trunk is difficult in the case of trees with plain and even trunk surfaces. A rough surface makes it easy to get an imprint by rubbing.
Narrate/Tell Page No. 14
- Look at the picture and name the things with patterns of leaves and flowers.
Ans. Following things which have patterns of leaves and flowers on them:
Frame, Picture, Pillow-covers, Bed sheet, Floor Carpet, Curtain, Book and the girl’s pyjama.
- Look for objects which have patterns of leaves and flowers on them in your house. Write their names.
Ans. Following objects in our house have a pattern of leaves and flowers
a) Bed sheet b) Curtains c) T-Shirt d) Wall clock e) Towel f) Tiles g) Frames h) Wall hangings etc.
- You must have seen many plants and trees. How many of them can you name? Write their names
Ans. I have seen many plans and trees in my surroundings. I can name some of them. They are apple, almond, peach, plum, cherry, rose, grass, mint, lady finger, tomato, potato, sunflower etc.
- Are there any plants that you have heard of, but never seen? Which ones?
Ans. Yes, I have heard the names of some plants I haven’t seen. These are tamarind, coconut, dates, cashew and pitcher plant etc.
Do/Make Page No. 15
Friendship with a Tree
- What tree is it? Ask some elders if you don’t know.
Ans. It is a Chinar tree.
- Will you like to give your friend a special name? What will you name it?
Ans. Yes, Bheem
- Does the tree bear flowers or fruits? Which ones?
Ans. It bears leaves but not edible fruits.
- How do the leaves of the tree look?
Ans. The leaves of the tree are like the palm of our hand.
- Do birds or animals live in the tree? Which ones?
Ans. Yes, many birds and animals live in the tree. Example: Pigeon, Parrot, Squirrel, Sparrow, etc.
That’s all about The Plant Fairy Class 3rd Question Answers. Hope you got your answers. Do share your views about this post in the comment section below: