The chapter “The World in My Home” is Chapter 13 from the Let’s Look Around and Learn Environmental Studies textbook for students of Class 4 of JKBOSE. This particular post will detail you about The World in My Home Class 4 EVS Question Answers. In the last post, you have already read about Question Answers of Chapter 12 Food and Fun. Let’s get started:
The World in My Home Class 4 EVS Question Answers
The chapter “The World in My Home” is about family members and their fights over small issues. The difference in the thoughts of family members towards boys and girls. The chapter also tells students about the man who decides for families. It also tells us about different types of touches of people.
Tug of War
Let us Talk Page No. 109 – 110
- In your home too, do people quarrel over fans, TV, newspapers, chairs or anything else?
Ans. Yes, I and my sister quarrel over watching television. We both want tv programmes of our own choice.
- In your home, who settles such quarrels?
Ans. My father would settle such quarrels in our home.
- Talk about an interesting incident at home when there was a quarrel over such things.
Ans. One day I and my brother started quarrelling to watch different channels on TV. I wanted to watch a cricket match while he wanted to watch cartoons. We started quarrelling about TV. Remote. Then my father intervened and settled the dispute.
- Have you ever seen people quarrelling over something else-where? Why?
Ans. Yes, I have seen people quarrelling over a seat on a bus during a journey from my village to the city.
What the Difference
Let us Talk Page No. 110
- Does this kind of thing happen in your house or at any of your friend’s houses? What do you think about this?
Ans. No, this kind of thing does not happen in our house. There should be no discrimination based on gender.
- Do you think that there should be different rules for girls and boys, women and men?
Ans. No, the rules should be the same for boys and girls, women and men because everybody is equal before the law and there should be no discrimination based on gender.
- Think — What would happen if girls had to follow rules made for boys and boys had to follow rules made for girls.
Ans. Life of girls would become happy out that of boys would become miserable.
Page No. 111
- Is there anyone in your family who is like Pilloo Aunty? Who?
Ans. My grandmother is like Pilloo Aunty. She always teaches us to be honest also she made us enjoy our time.
- What would the children have thought if Pilloo Aunty had paid less money to the Kulfi-seller? What do you think about this?
Ans. If Pilloo Aunty had paid less to the Kulfi-seller, the children would have thought that Pilloo Aunty is very cunning and dishonest. Her image must have been lowered in the eyes of the children. I think she did well to pay for seven kulfis. It gave children a moral lesson to be honest always.
What Should I do?
Talk about it Page No. 112 – 113
1. What do you think Akshay will do?
Ans. He will drink water.
2. Why was Akshay confused?
Ans. Akshay was confused because when Anil handed him a glass of water, he suddenly remembered his grandmother’s warning in which she warned him not to drink or eat anything at Anil’s home. This made him confused.
3. Why do you think Akshay’s grandmother warned him not to drink even water in Anil’s house.
Ans. She loves Akshay too much. She warns him not to drink even a glass of water because they are very different from our family.
4. Do you know about anybody who thinks like Akshay’s grandmother?
Ans. Yes, my grandmother also thinks and behaves the way Akshay’s grandmother does.
5. Do you agree with Akshay’s grandmother?
6. What do you think Akshay should do?
Ans. He should drink a glass of water.
Who Will Decide?
Talk about it Page No. 113 – 114
1. If you were in Kamran’s place what would you do?
Ans. I would have made understand my uncle and I would buy the grinding machine.
2. Has it ever happened to you that you wanted to do something but the elders in the family did not allow you?
Ans. Yes, it has happened.
3. Who takes important decisions in your family? What do you feel about this?
Ans. My father takes important decisions in our family. He uses his experience and thinks a lot to arrive at the right decisions. He discusses it with my mother and finally reaches a decision. I feel it is right because the final decision is discussed with all the members of the family.
4. How would you like it if only one person made all the decisions for your family?
Ans. I would not like it because different people have different mindsets and circumstances. So, decisions made by one person may not be applicable to all. Secondly, this would make the other people dependent and handicapped for they would never be able to make decisions on their own in life.
I Don’t Like It
Talk about it Page No. 114 – 115
1. Have you ever disliked anybody’s touch? Whose touch did you dislike?
Ans. Yes, I don’t like the touch of my friend’s uncle.
2. If you were in Afia’s place, what would you do?
Ans. I would request her uncle not to touch me.
3. What else can be done when such things happen? Discuss.
Ans. One should tell his/her parents about the same. It is better not to visit such a place again and if such things happen at our home we should tell our parents.
4. Everybody’s touch is not the same. Abia did not like it when Ateeba’s uncle held her hand, but she liked to hold Ateeba’s hand. Why do you think there was this difference?
Ans. There are different types of people around us and they have different ideas, nature and behaviour. It is due to these things there is a difference in touch of different peoples. The people of similar natures and choices like each other.
That’s all about The World in My Home Class 4 EVS Question Answers. Hope it has helped. Do share your views about this post in the comment section below.