The Wrong Move is a chapter from Chant English Class III aimed to make the children aware of the traffic rules. This particular post detail you about The Wrong Move Class 3rd Question Answers and Summary for students of Class 3rd of JKBOSE. You can also check out the solutions of all chapters in Class 3rd English. Let’s get started with the post:
There are two children Rahul and Riyan in the chapter, Reema-mother of Rahul, Kalia-A traffic light, and Rukhsana-Reema’s friend. Rahul got hurt while crossing the road hastily, Riyan and Reema took him to the doctor and he gave him medicines and advised Reema to tell the kids about the traffic rules. Reema explained some traffic rules to Rahul and Riyan. Then Reema’s friend Rukhsana came in a car and they get into her car. Ruksana tells some more traffic rules to the kids.
The Wrong Move Class 3rd Summary
Rahul hurt his leg while crossing the road. He was crying in pain. Riyan and Rahul’s mother Reema took him to the doctor. The doctor examined Rahul’s wound gave him an injection and medicine for five days. He asked his mother how did he get hurt. The mother told the doctor that he got hurt while crossing the road hastily. The doctor advised Reema to tell Rahul how to cross the road safely on their return.
On their way back home, they met Kalia, a traffic signal light. Rahul asked his mother about it. There are three lights in the traffic signal: RED, YELLOW AND GREEN.
- When the RED light is ON people in the vehicles must stop.
- When the YELLOW light is ON vehicles should slow down.
- When the GREEN light is ON vehicles can go ahead.
- The GREEN-man signal that they can cross the road.
- The RED-man signal means they can’t cross the road.
The pedestrians should cross the road at the zebra crossing.
- ZEBRA CROSSING is a pedestrian crossing with black and white stripes on the road like the coat of zebra.
- We should look right, left and then right before crossing the road.
Rules to Follow While Travelling in Car
- We should wear seatbelts while travelling in a car. The seatbelt provides us safety against sudden stops and falls.
- We should not take out our heads or arm from the moving car or bus.
- We should never use a cellphone while driving.
The Wrong Move Class 3rd Summary in Hindi
सड़क पार करते समय राहुल के पैर में चोट लग गई। वह दर्द से रो रहा था। रियान और राहुल की मां रीमा उसे डॉक्टर के पास ले गईं। डॉक्टर ने राहुल के घाव की जांच की और उसे पांच दिन तक इंजेक्शन और दवा दी। उसने अपनी मां से पूछा कि उसे चोट कैसे लगी। मां ने डॉक्टर को बताया कि जल्दबाजी में सड़क पार करते समय उन्हें चोट लग गई। डॉक्टर ने रीमा को सलाह दी कि वह राहुल को बताए कि उनके लौटने पर सुरक्षित सड़क कैसे पार की जाए।
घर वापस जाते समय, वे ट्रैफिक सिग्नल लाइट कालिया से मिले। राहुल ने अपनी मां से इसके बारे में पूछा। ट्रैफिक सिग्नल में तीन बत्तियाँ होती हैं: लाल, पीली और हरी।
- जब लाल बत्ती चालू हो तो वाहनों में सवार लोगों को रुकना चाहिए।
- जब पीली रोशनी चालू हो तो वाहनों को धीमा कर देना चाहिए।
- जब हरी बत्ती चालू हो तो वाहन आगे बढ़ सकते हैं।
पैदल चलने वालों के लिए
- ग्रीन-मैन संकेत देता है कि वे सड़क पार कर सकते हैं।
- रेड-मैन सिग्नल का मतलब है कि वे सड़क पार नहीं कर सकते।
राहगीरों को जेब्रा क्रासिंग पर सड़क पार करनी चाहिए।
- ज़ेबरा क्रॉसिंग ज़ेबरा के कोट की तरह सड़क पर काली और सफेद धारियों वाला एक पैदल यात्री क्रॉसिंग है।
- हमें सड़क पार करने से पहले दाएं, बाएं और फिर दाएं देखना चाहिए।
कार में यात्रा करते समय पालन करने के नियम
- हमें कार में यात्रा करते समय सीटबेल्ट पहनना चाहिए। सीटबेल्ट हमें अचानक रुकने और गिरने से सुरक्षा प्रदान करता है।
- हमें चलती कार या बस से अपना सिर या हाथ नहीं निकालना चाहिए।
- हमें वाहन चलाते समय कभी भी सेलफोन का प्रयोग नहीं करना चाहिए।
The Wrong Move Class 3rd Question Answers
Stop, Think and Write (Page No 121, 124, 127)
1. How did Rahul get hurt?
Ans. Rahul got hurt while he was trying to cross the road in a hurry. He stumbled and fell and hurt his leg.
2. What did the doctor tell Reema?
Ans. The doctor advised Reema to make Rahul and Riyan about how to cross the road safely.
3. What do the red, yellow and green lights of a traffic light mean?
Ans. There are three lights in a traffic signal.
• When the RED light of the traffic signal is on, the people in vehicles must stop.
• When the YELLOW light is on the vehicles should slow down.
• When the GREEN light is on the vehicles can go ahead.
4. What is a zebra crossing?
Ans. Zebra crossing is a pedestrian crossing with black and white stripes on the road like the coat of zebra. It is meant for pedestrians to cross the road.
5 Why should we wear a seatbelt?
Ans. We should wear a seatbelt because it provides us safety against sudden stops and falls.
6. Is it good to use cell phones while driving? Who tells us about it in the story?
Ans. No, it is not good to use cell phones while driving because it can be a cause of accidents. Rukhsana Reema’s friend tells us about it in the story.
Let’s Talk about Life Skills
- Divide children into groups. Let them discuss the importance of traffic rules.
Ans. Activity to be done by students in class.
- Life skills equip students to respond to daily life situations. Awareness of traffic rules is an important life skill. Discuss.
Ans. Yes, life skill like awareness about traffic rules is important life skill. While moving out of home, whether in a car or by foot, the awareness of traffic rules is a must. It helps us to move safely on road. Without awareness of traffic rules, we endanger our as well as life of others while moving in traffic. Knowledge of traffic rules helps us to cross roads safely.
Match the traffic signs with their meanings
Rewrite the following jumbled words into sentences.
- Rahul / leg / hurt / has / his
Ans. Rahul has hurt his leg.
- Reema / Rahul / the / to / took / clinic/doctor’s
Ans. Reema took Rahul to the doctor’s clinic.
- It / safe / cross / is/ the / to / at / crossing/zebra / road
Ans. It is safe to cross the road at zebra crossing.
- The I green / says / light / go
Ans. The green light says go.
- The / red / stop / light / says
Ans. The red light says stop.
- The / light / says / yellow / slow down
Ans. The yellow light says slow down.
- should / wear / seatbelt / we / the / in / vehicles
Ans. We should wear seatbelt in the vehicles.
- not / use / we / should I driving / cell / phones / while
Ans. We should not use cell phones while driving.
- should / we / always / follow / traffic / rules
Ans. We should always follow traffic rules.
- thank you / we / say / should I when / helps / someone / us
Ans. When someone helps us, we should say, thank you.
- we / follow / should / rules. / traffic
Ans. We should follow traffic rules.
- we / should / make / never / a / wrong / move
Ans. We should never make a wrong move.
Grammar in Context
It is a busy market. Many cars are moving on the road. Some of them are honking. Rahul and Riyan are walking on the sidewalks. People are buying different things from the shops. There are two men in the market who are selling ice cream and popcorn. Children are eating fruit, ice cream and popcorn. Some women are driving cars. There are children waiting at the zebra crossing. They are looking at the traffic light to cross the road safely.
A) Notice the words in pink. They show some kind of action. Walking has been derived from walk and eating has been derived from eat. Now write the present form of the action words given below. One has been done for you.
Moving ——- Move
Honking ——- Honk
Walking ——- Walk
Buying ——- Buy
Selling ——- Sell
Eating ——- Eat
Driving ——- Drive
Waiting ——- Wait
Looking ——- Look
B) Write down at least five action words with -ing form mentioned in the story.
Ans. Playing, Walking, Crying, Driving, Teaching etc.
C) Write down at least ten action words that define your daily activities.
Ans. Walking, Cycling, Riding, Bathing, Eating, Drinking, Studying, Playing, Reading, Writing, Gardening, Praying, Running, and Sleeping.
That’s it about The Wrong Move Class 3rd Question Answers. Hope it has solved your query. Do share your views abou this post in the comments section below.
Leave a Reply