The Poem “All Things Bright and Beautiful” is Chapter 3 taken from Chant English for students of Class 4th of JKBOSE. The poem is about the appreciation of the Creator of the world. In this post you will read about “All Things Bright and Beautiful Poem 3 Question Answers” In the previous post you have read about Chapter 2 Let us Read Stories Class 4 Question Answers. Let us not waste time and get started:
All Things Bright and Beautiful Poem 3 Question Answers
The Poem “All Things Bright and Beautiful” praises the beautiful world around us. The poem is full of praise for creatures in the world, trees in the forest and thanks almighty for all these beautiful things and for providing eyes to us to see all these beautiful things.
All Things Bright and Beautiful Poem Text
All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The things God made them all.
Each little flower that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their pretty colours,
He made their little wings.
The tall trees in the greenwood,
The pleasant summer sun,
The ripe fruits in the garden,
He made them everyone.
He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell
How great is God Almighty!
Who has made all things well.
All Things Bright and Beautiful Poem Word Meaning
|Word||English Meaning||Hindi Meaning||Urdu Meaning|
|Creature||A large or small living thing which can move independently||प्राणी||مخلوق|
|Wise||Having the knowledge or experience to make good and sensible decisions and judgements||चतुर||عقل مند|
|Wonderful||Extremely good pretty: attractive or charming||अद्भुत||حیرت انگیز|
|Pretty||Attractive and pleasant to look at or hear||सुंदर||خوبصورت|
|Pleasant||Enjoyable, attractive, friendly, or easy to like||सुखद||خوشگوار|
|Ripe||(of fruit or crops) completely developed and ready to be collected or eaten||पका हुआ||پکا ہوا|
All Things Bright and Beautiful Summary in English
The poet C.F. Alexander in the poem All Things Bright and Beautiful praises the Almighty for the beautiful creations around us. The poet says that all the things around us are bright and beautiful whether they are great or small, wise and wonderful. God has created all the beautiful things around us.
God has made all the little colourful flowers that open in a garden and the wings of the little birds that sing on the trees in the garden and our surroundings. He is also the creator of tall trees in the forest, the pleasant weather of the summer, and the ripened fruits in the garden.
We should be thankful to God because He has created all these bright and beautiful things around us and gave us eyes to see all these beautiful things and lips to praise the beauty of these things and the greatness of God who has created all these beautiful things in the world.
All Things Bright and Beautiful Think and Answer
1. Complete the following sentences.
a) God gave us eyes to _________________
b) God gave us lips to _________________
c) God gave birds wings to _________________
a) God gave us eyes to see the beautiful creatures of the world.
b) God gave us lips to praise the greatness of the Almighty.
c) God gave birds wings to fly from one place to another.
2. What do you think to be the most amazing thing created by God?
Ans. Everything created by God is most amazing and beautiful. Everything has its own charm and beauty.
3. Find out the rhyming words in the poem.
Ans. There are following rhyming words in the poem
Sings – wings
Beautiful – wonderful
Sun – garden
Tell – well
4. Should we thank God for the things that He has created for us? Why?
Ans. Yes, we should thank God for everything that he had created for us because He has created the whole universe including the Sun moon land water Earth and every planet and every individual.
All Things Bright and Beautiful Let’s Talk
The teacher will tell students that having good manners require thinking about other people too, instead of only thinking about oneself. Other people will feel comfortable and happy to be around you when you are polite and treat them with respect.
Now, the teacher will ask the students to use appropriate expressions in the following situations.
- What will you say if your grandmother gives you a book on your birthday?
Ans. Thank you
- What will you say if you burp or sneeze while you are talking to your teacher?
- What will you say if you accidentally spill milk on someone’s clothes?
- What will you say if your mom helps you with your homework?
Ans. Thank you
- What will you say if you accidentally step on someone’s foot?
- What will you say if you ask your friend for a pencil?
- What will you say if you want to go to study while you are having fun with your cousins?
Ans. Excuse me
All Things Bright and Beautiful Off to the Language Tab
Use appropriate consonant blends from the box to complete the exercise
|-nd str- -nk –mp –ld –nd –nt spr- -nk -st|
- Summer comes after ________ing.
- A _______ ong wind blew last night.
- We stayed in a ca ______ at Pahalgam.
- An elepha ____ has a huge tru ____.
- The sun sets in the We ___.
- Go ___ is a precious yellow metal.
- A sta ____ is stuck on letters and envelopes.
- We keep our money in the ba ____.
- A desert is full of _____.
- Summer comes after spr ing.
- A str ong wind blew last night.
- We stayed in a ca mp at Pahalgam.
- An elepha nt has a huge tru nk.
- The sun sets in the We st.
- Go ld is a precious yellow metal.
- A sta mp is stuck on letters and envelopes.
- We keep our money in the ba nk.
- A desert is full of sa nd.
There are both initial and final consonant clusters/blends in the boxes above which the teacher must explain to the students so that they pronounce them properly.
That’s all about All Things Bright and Beautiful Poem 3 Question Answers. Hope it has helped. Do share your views about this post in the comment section below.