The chapter “A Beautiful Cloth” is Chapter 19 from the Let’s Look Around and Learn Environmental Studies Textbook for students of Class 3rd of JKBOSE and Chapter 23 for students of NCERT board. This particular post is about A Beautiful Cloth Class 3 EVS Question Answer. In the last post, you read Left Right Class 3 EVS Question Answers. Let’s get started with this post:
A Beautiful Cloth Class 3 EVS Question Answer
The Chapter “A Beautiful Cloth” tells students about traditional arts like weaving or printing on clothes. The students learn these arts by practising them using paper strips.
A Beautiful Cloth Class 3 EVS Chapter 19 Question Answers
1. How do you think Sajida’s dupatta was made?
Ans. Sajad’s dupatta had beautiful embroidery and small mirrors stuck on it. It is made of cloth which is woven either by weavers or by a machine.
2. Take a dupatta or a long piece of unstitched cloth. Drape it in different ways. In how many ways, could you wear it?
Ans. A dupatta or a long piece of unstitched cloth can be worn in four familiar ways.
a) It can be worn along with a salwar kameez or lehenga by women.
b) It can also be worn over Western wear either as a scarf or a stole.
c) Men can also wear it in the form of a turban.
d) It can be worn as a dhoti.
3. Did anyone wear it like a lungi or use it as a turban? In what other ways was the cloth worn?
Ans. Yes, it can be worn as a lungi or as a turban. It can be also worn as a dhoti or saree, and it can also be used over a salwar kameez or lehenga by a woman.
4. Look at any six garments at home. What differences do you find in their texture, their colour and design?
|1. Saree||soft||pink||small booti at the border|
|3. School uniform||thick||blue||plain|
|4. Shirt (gents)||silky||green||hologram|
|5. Jean||hard coarse||brownish||In places, the colour faded|
- Look at a thick cloth or a sack carefully. Can you see threads “running along its length and breadth? You will find a similar pattern if you see any piece of cloth closely.
Ans. Yes, I can see the threads running along the length and breadth of the cloth. I also found a similar pattern when I checked another piece of cloth closely.
That’s all about A Beautiful Cloth Class 3 EVS Question Answer. Hope it has helped. Do share your views about this post in the comment section below.