The chapter “Families Can Be Different” is Chapter 17 from the Let’s Look Around and Learn Environmental Studies Textbook for students of Class 3rd of JKBOSE and Chapter 21 for students of NCERT board. This particular post is about Families Can Be Different Class 3 EVS Question Answers. In the last post, you read Drop by Drop Class 3 EVS Chapter 14 Question Answers. Let’s get started with this post:
Families Can Be Different Class 3 EVS Question Answers
The Chapter “Families Can Be Different” discusses the different types of families living around us. The chapter tells the students about the diversity in different families and how they are different.
Families Can Be Different Class 3 EVS Chapter 17 Question Answers
Come Let’s Talk About This Game Page No. 107
1. How did you feel when you could join a group of the required number? Why?
Ans. I felt happy when I could join a group of required numbers because it ensures me that I am still part of the game being played.
2. How did you feel if you could not join any group? Why?
Ans. I felt bad When I could not join any group because I had to leave the game
3. Do you like to be with people?
Ans. Yes, I like to be with people.
4. With whom do you like to be more?
Ans. I like to be with my family, friends and relatives.
5. How would you feel if you always had to be alone?
Ans. I would feel lonely and sad if I always had to be alone.
6. How are these people related to each other?
Ans. Nagarajan and Gurleen are the parents of Tanya and Samar. Tanya and Samar are sister and brother.
Narrate/Tell Page No. 109
- Who all are there in Sitamma’s family?
Ans. Sitamma’s family has the following family members. Sitamma, Gitamma (sister of Sitamma) Grandfather, Grandmother, tauji, father, mother, chacha, chachi, younger chacha, bua, tauji’s three children.
- How is the relationship between the different people in the family?
Ans. Sitamma’s family is joint and big. There are nine elders and five children in the family. The different people in the family have a very helpful and loving relationship between them
- In the last one year what are the changes that happened in the family?
Ans. In the last one year, Sitamma’s Taiji died and the elder chacha married. So, new chachi came into the house.”
- Who takes care of Tara? How?
Ans. Tara is adopted by Meenakshi who did not married. Tara’s Nana takes care of her. When she returns from school he feeds her, helps her with homework and plays with her.
- What are the things the family members do together?
Ans. They go to far-off places during vacations and enjoy themselves.
Narrate/Tell Page No. 110
- Who all are there in this family?
Ans. Habib, Sara and Habib’s abbu are there in the family.
- Abbu enjoys watching television with others. Why?
Ans. Abbu enjoys watching television with others because watching it alone can be boring and he likes to discuss with others while watching TV.
- How do family members enjoy it?
Ans. On holidays, the neighbour’s children come to their house and create a lot of fun. Family members enjoy watching television, playing cards and games and going out for plays and movies.
Narrate/Tell Page No. 111
- How do Totaram’s family members keep in contact with each other?
Ans. Totaram misses his mother and writes long letters to her. Totaram visits their village once a year to meet other members of his family.
- Which members of Totaram’s family live in the city and which live in the village? Why?
Ans. Totaram, his father, his uncle and his cousin’s brother lives in the city while Totaram’s dada-dadi mother, chachi and younger brothers and sisters live in the village.
Narrate/Tell Page No. 111
- How does Krishna take care of his sister?
Ans. He used to leave his sister at school before going to college. On returning from college, Krishna and Kaveri eat their food together.
- What activities are done together in the family?
Ans. Krishna, Kaveri and their father live together. They do the following things together.
- a) Eating meals.
- b) Leaving the house in the morning.
- c) Cooking.
- d) Watching television and playing carom
- What is a family?
Ans. Parents and children together form a family.
- What are the different types of families?
Ans. Families can be small or big. In small families, only parents and children live together. In big families, other relatives like chacha, dada, dadi, and bua all live together.
Discuss Page No. 112
What are things that happen in a family?
Ans. A lot of things happen in a family.
Some of them are:
- People live together.
- Caring for each other.
- Cooking meals together.
- Eating together.
- Helping one another in difficult times.
- Respect each other’s feelings.
- The entire family watches TV and plays games.
- The family goes out together for an excursion.
- Discussion over some issues.
- Arguments and fights.
Write Page No. 112
Put a Tick on those sentences which tell the various things that happen in families.
- Members of a family often resemble each other. [ ]
- The family members love each other very much. [ ]
- One becomes a part of a family by being born or getting married into that family. [ ]
- Family members often live together in the same house. [ ]
- Elders in the family earn money for the family. [ ]
- Family members stay together even if there is a fight amongst themselves. [ ]
- In a family, children and the old are taken care of. [ ]
- Members of a family often resemble each other. [✔]
- The family members love each other very much. [✔]
- One becomes a part of a family by being born or getting married into that family. [✔]
- Family members often live together in the same house. [✔]
- Elders in the family earn money for the family. [✔]
- Family members stay together even if there is a fight amongst themselves. [✔]
- In a family, children and the old are taken care of. [✔]
Think of some other things about your family and write in the space provided.
Ans. Do it yourself.
Sitamma’s Family Tree Page 113
Can you imagine a family in the form of a tree?
Sitamma’s family tree is drawn here.
Draw your family tree in the notebook. For help, you can refer to Sitamma’s family tree.
That’s all about Families Can Be Different Class 3 EVS Question Answers. Hope you get your answers. Do share your views about this post in the comment section below.