The Fisherman and Genie is a chapter adapted from Arabian Nights in Chant English Class 3rd. In this post, I am providing you with The Fisherman and Genie Class 3rd Question Answer. So, let’s not waste more time and get on with the exercise of the chapter The Fisherman and the Genie.
The Fisherman and Genie Class 3rd Question Answer
Stop, Think, and Write (Page no 69 and 72)
1. How did the poor man make his living?
Ans. The poor man made his living by fishing. He used to go for catching fish every day and spent hours there to make his living.
2. Why was the net heavy?
Ans. The net was heavy because the body of some heavy animal was caught in the net.
3. Who came out of the jar?
Ans. As the fisherman opened the lid of the jar, a gigantic genie came out of the jar and appeared before him.
4. Why was the fisherman afraid?
Ans. The fisherman was afraid because the genie was hungry and wanted to kill him and eat him up to fulfill his hunger.
5. How did the fisherman save himself from the genie?
Ans. The fisherman tricked the genie to save himself. He asked the genie if a big creature like him could fit in a small jar. The genie could not understand is trick. He made himself small and went inside the jar. The fisherman quickly closed the lid of the jar and threw it into the sea.
Let’s Talk about the Life Skills
- The fish can swim in the sea. Do you think we should learn swimming? Why?
Ans. Yes, we should learn swimming. It is a life skill and helps us in an emergency situation like in case of falling into a waterbody. Also, it is a good exercise for the body.
- Ask the students to speak about some other important life skills.
Ans. Some other important life sills include:
- Horse riding.
- Bicycle riding.
A. Write down five such words ending with -man
Ans. Groundsman, Postman, Watchman, Policeman, Batsman, Spokesman, Sportsman,
The genie talked to the fisherman angrily.
The fisherman went home happily.
B. Write down at least five words that end with -ly
Ans. Bitterly, Sadly, Quickly Greedily, Brightly, Lovely, Nicely
C. Write down the names of some important life skills
Ans. Skating, Sewing, Knitting, Horse riding, Cooking, Fishing, Drawing, Speaking, Writing, etc.
Grammar in Context
I am Sophia. I study in class 3. I go to school every day. I live in Samba. I like to read books. I play badminton. My brother, Sameer, plays cricket. He also likes to read storybooks. But he does not like to draw.
He does his homework every day. Both of us help our mother in the kitchen. Sometimes grandmother tells us a story in the evening. We sleep at 9 pm and wake up at 6 am.
In the above passage, the words in pink are examples of how the simple present forms can be used.
e.g I go to school by bus.
You go to school by bus.
She goes to school by bus.
They go to school by bus.
Fill in the blanks with the simple present forms of the verbs given in the brackets.
- Sophia ___________ at Samba. (live)
- Sophia ___________ in Class 3. (study)
- Sophia ___________ to school every day. (go)
- I ________ to read books. (like)
- Sameer _____________ not like to draw. (do)
- Sameer _____________ at 9 O’ clock. (sleep)
- I ____________ badminton. (play)
- Sophia and Sameer _____________ their mother in the kitchen. (help)
- Sameer also _____________ Sophia in doing maths. (help)
- Grandmother ______________ Sophia and Sameer stories. (tell)
- Sophia lives at Samba.
- Sophia studies in Class 3.
- Sophia goes to school every day.
- I like to read books.
- Sameer does not like to draw.
- Sameer sleeps at 9 O’ clock.
- I like badminton.
- Sophia and Sameer help their mother in the kitchen.
- Sameer also helps Sophia in doing maths.
- Grandmother tells Sophia and Sameer stories.
That’s it about this post. Hope it has covered you query. Share your views about the post in comments and subscribe our blog for more posts.