The story Three Questions has been written by the Russian writer Leo Tolstoy. It is based on moral values. This post is precisely about Three Questions Class 7 Summary and Questions. In this post, I will discuss with you Difficult Words and their Meanings, a Summary of the poem, and Question Answers to Three Questions for students for JKBOSE and NCERT. In my previous post, I discussed The Gumbie Cat Poem Summary Question Answers with you. Let’s get started with this post.
Three Questions Class 7 Summary and Questions
Difficult Words and their Meanings
|A quantity, esp. of money
|Adhering closely to something
|The act of perceiving
|person who practises magic
|A member of a council (a group of people elected or chosen to make decisions or give advice on a particular subject
|Adore or venerate God
|A person living in solitude, especially for religious reasons
|Meet with friendliness or expressions of welcome
|خوش آمد کہنا
|Things to be done or attended to
|A tool for digging, typically consisting of a flat rectangular steel blade attached to a long wooden handle
|To draw out or extend
|Fastened in position by pushing or forcing a point into something
|The act of retaliating for wrongs or injury received; vengeance
|Catch hold of
|Scatter or place (seed, a crop, etc.) in or on (a piece of ground, field, etc.) so that it may grow,
Three Questions Class 7 Summary in English
The story is about a king who never wanted to fail in life. He thought that he would never fail in his life if he knows the answers to these three questions.
- What is the right time to begin something?
- Which people should he listen to?
- What is the most important thing for him to do?
The king announced the message throughout his kingdom and promised to reward a large sum of money to the person who would answer these three questions.
Many wise men with their different answers came to the king. In response to the first question, some felt that the king should follow a timetable, while others said that it is not possible to decide the right time for doing something in advance. For the second question, some wise men suggested the king follow his councillors while others said the king should listen to a priest. Some wise men said the king should listen to doctors while some others were in favour of soldiers. Similarly, for the third question, some wise men said science should be of the highest priority for the king while others said religion.
The answers of these wise men were quite different which did not satisfy the king and he decided not to reward anyone and seek the advice of a certain hermit who lived in a forest. The hermit used to see only simple people so the king put on ordinary clothes and went to meet the hermit. When the king reached the hermit’s hut, he was digging the ground in front of his hut. He greeted the king and continued his work. The king told the hermit that he wanted to know the answers to his three questions. He repeated the questions to the hermit.
The hermit listened to the king but did not give any reply and continued his work. The king took the spade from the hermit and started digging in place of the hermit. He thanked the king and sat down. When the king had dug two beds, he again requested the hermit to answer his question but he did not reply and asked for the spade. The king resisted and continued digging till the evening. The king requested the hermit that if he could not answer his questions, he would go back.
At the same time, a bearded man came running towards the hermit’s hut. He was wounded and blood was oozing out from the wound in his stomach. The king and the hermit attended him, washed his wound, and bandaged it. The man felt better after this and by this time it was evening. The king and the hermit took the wounded man into the hut and laid him on the bed.
The next morning the king saw the wounded man asking for forgiveness. The man told the king that he was his enemy and had come to take revenge on him because the king had killed his brother and had taken away all his property. He wanted to kill the king while returning from the hermit’s place but he was seen by the king’s bodyguard and they wounded him.
The king was happy to have made peace with his enemy so easily. The king promised the man to send his servants and doctors to see and look after him. He also promised to return his property.
The king left the wounded man in the hut and came out to look for the hermit because he wanted the answers to his questions. The hermit was sowing seeds in the ground that had been dug the day before. The king begged the hermit one last time for the answers to his questions.
The hermit told that he had been already answered. The hermit said that he(king) had helped him in digging the ground. If he had not helped him and gone away, the man would have attacked and killed you. So, the most important time was when you were digging the beds. I was the most important person and your help for me was your most important business. Later on, when the man came running towards us, the most important time was when you were washing and dressing his wound otherwise, he would have died without making peace with you. The man was the most important person and what you have done for him was the most important work.
The hermit told the king that the most important time is “Now” because you have the power to act in this time. The most important person you are with at that particular time and most important business is to do good to that person because this is our lone purpose in this world.
Three Questions Class 7 Summary in Hindi
कहानी एक ऐसे राजा की है जो जीवन में कभी असफल नहीं होना चाहता था। उसने सोचा कि अगर वह इन तीन सवालों के जवाब जानता है तो वह अपने जीवन में कभी असफल नहीं होगा।
- कुछ शुरू करने का सही समय क्या है?
- उसे किन लोगों की बात सुननी चाहिए?
- उसके लिए सबसे ज़रूरी काम क्या है?
राजा ने अपने पूरे राज्य में संदेश की घोषणा की और इन तीन प्रश्नों का उत्तर देने वाले व्यक्ति को एक बड़ी राशि का इनाम देने का वादा किया।
बहुत से बुद्धिमान पुरुष अपने अलग-अलग उत्तर लेकर राजा के पास आए। पहले प्रश्न के उत्तर में कुछ लोगों को लगा कि राजा को एक समय सारिणी का पालन करना चाहिए, जबकि अन्य ने कहा कि किसी काम को करने का सही समय पहले से तय करना संभव नहीं है। दूसरे प्रश्न के लिए, कुछ बुद्धिमानों ने राजा को अपने पार्षदों का अनुसरण करने का सुझाव दिया, जबकि अन्य ने कहा कि राजा को एक पुजारी की बात सुननी चाहिए। कुछ ज्ञानियों ने कहा कि राजा को डॉक्टरों की बात सुननी चाहिए जबकि कुछ अन्य सैनिकों के पक्ष में थे। इसी तरह, तीसरे प्रश्न के लिए कुछ विद्वानों ने कहा कि राजा के लिए विज्ञान सर्वोच्च प्राथमिकता होनी चाहिए जबकि अन्य ने धर्म को कहा।
इन बुद्धिमानों के उत्तर काफी भिन्न थे जो राजा को संतुष्ट नहीं करते थे और उन्होंने किसी को पुरस्कृत नहीं करने और जंगल में रहने वाले कुछ साधु की सलाह लेने का फैसला किया। साधु केवल साधारण लोगों को ही देखता था इसलिए राजा साधारण कपड़े पहन कर साधु से मिलने चला गया। जब राजा साधु की कुटिया के पास पहुँचा तो वह अपनी कुटिया के सामने की जमीन खोद रहा था। उसने राजा का अभिवादन किया और अपना काम जारी रखा।
राजा ने साधु से कहा कि वह अपने तीन प्रश्नों के उत्तर जानना चाहता है। उसने साधु को प्रश्न दोहराया।
साधु ने राजा की बात सुनी लेकिन कोई जवाब नहीं दिया और अपना काम जारी रखा। राजा ने साधु से कुदाल ली और साधु के स्थान पर खुदाई करने लगा। उसने राजा को धन्यवाद दिया और बैठ गया। जब राजा ने दो कियारियां खोद दी, तो उसने फिर से साधु से अपने प्रश्न का उत्तर देने का अनुरोध किया, लेकिन उसने कोई उत्तर नहीं दिया और कुदाल मांगी। राजा ने विरोध किया और शाम तक खुदाई जारी रखी। राजा ने साधु से अनुरोध किया कि यदि वह उसके प्रश्नों का उत्तर नहीं दे पाया तो वह वापस चला जाएगा।
उसी समय एक दाढ़ी वाला आदमी साधु की कुटिया की ओर दौड़ता हुआ आया। वह घायल हो गया था और उसके पेट में घाव से खून बह रहा था। राजा और साधु उसके पास गए, उसके घाव को धोया और पट्टी बांध दी। इसके बाद उस आदमी को अच्छा लगा। राजा और सन्यासी घायल व्यक्ति को झोंपड़ी में ले गए और उसे बिस्तर पर लिटा दिया।
अगली सुबह राजा ने घायल व्यक्ति को उससे क्षमा मांगते देखा। उस आदमी ने राजा से कहा कि वह उसका दुश्मन है और उससे बदला लेने आया है क्योंकि राजा ने उसके भाई को मार डाला था और उसकी सारी संपत्ति ले ली थी। वह साधु के घर से लौटते समय राजा को मारना चाहता था लेकिन राजा के अंगरक्षक ने उसे देख लिया और उन्होंने उसे घायल कर दिया।
राजा को इतनी आसानी से दुश्मन के साथ शांति बनाने में खुशी हुई। राजा ने उससे वादा किया कि वह अपने सेवकों और डॉक्टरों को उसे देखने और उसकी देखभाल करने के लिए भेजेगा। उसने उसे उसकी संपत्ति वापस करने का भी वादा किया।
राजा घायल व्यक्ति को झोपड़ी में छोड़ गया और साधु की तलाश में निकल पड़ा क्योंकि वह अपने प्रश्नों के उत्तर चाहता था। साधु उस जमीन में बीज बो रहा था जिसे एक दिन पहले खोदा गया था। राजा ने साधु से अपने प्रश्नों के उत्तर के लिए अंतिम बार विनती की।
साधु ने बताया कि उसे पहले ही उत्तर दिया जा चुका था। साधु ने कहा कि उसने (राजा ने) जमीन खोदने में उसकी मदद की थी। अगर वह उसकी मदद नहीं करता और चला जाता, तो वह आदमी राजा पर हमला करके मार डालता। तो, सबसे महत्वपूर्ण समय वह था जब आप खुदाई कर रहे थे। मैं सबसे महत्वपूर्ण व्यक्ति था और मेरे लिए आपकी मदद सबसे महत्वपूर्ण व्यवसाय थे। बाद में जब आदमी दौड़ता हुआ हमारी ओर आया, तो सबसे महत्वपूर्ण समय वह था जब आप उसके घाव को धो रहे थे और ड्रेसिंग कर रहे थे अन्यथा, वह आपके साथ शांति बनाए बिना मर जाता। वह आदमी सबसे महत्वपूर्ण व्यक्ति था और तुमने उसके लिए जो किया वह सबसे महत्वपूर्ण काम था।
साधु ने राजा से कहा कि सबसे महत्वपूर्ण समय “अभी” है क्योंकि आपके पास इस समय में कार्य करने की शक्ति है। उस विशेष समय में आप जिस व्यक्ति के साथ हैं वह सबसे महत्वपूर्ण व्यक्ति है और सबसे महत्वपूर्ण व्यवसाय उस व्यक्ति का भला करना है क्योंकि इस दुनिया में हमारा एकमात्र उद्देश्य है।
Three Questions Class 7 Question Answers
Working with the Text
(A) Answer these questions
1. What are the three questions in the story?
Ans. The three questions that which king asked in the story are:
a) What is the right time to begin something?
b) Which people should he listen to?
c) What is the most important thing for him to do?
2. Why did the king want to seek the answers to these questions?
Ans. The king wanted to seek answers to these questions because he thought he would never fail in life if he knew the answers he would never fail in his life.
3. Why was, the king advised to go to the magicians?
Ans. Some wise men advised the king to go to the magicians to look into the future and decide about the right time and only magicians could do that.
4. Was the king satisfied with the answers of the wise men?
Ans. No, the king was not satisfied with the answers of the wise men because the answers of the wise men were quite different.
5. How did the king and the hermit help the wounded man?
Ans. The king and the hermit removed the clothing from the body of the wounded man. There was a wound in his stomach. They washed the wound and dressed it again. They also offered him water to drink.
6. Who was the bearded man? Why did he ask for the king’s forgiveness?
Ans, The bearded man king’s enemy. The king had killed his brother and seized his property. He had decided to take revenge on the king. He asked for the king’s forgiveness because he wanted to kill the king but the king saved his life.
7. How did the king show his forgiveness?
Ans. The king showed his forgiveness by making him a friend. The king promised the bearded man to send his servants and his doctors to look after him.
8. What answers did the hermit give to the three questions?
Ans. The hermit told the king that the most important time is ‘now’ when you have the power to act. The most important person is the person you are with that particular. And, the most important thing is to do good with that person.
(B) Complete the following sentences by adding the appropriate parts of the sentences given in the box below:
|– but the bleeding would not stop.
– to answer three questions.
– but their answers were so varied that the king was not satisfied.
– and follow it.
– to help the king at the right time.
- Many wise men answered the king’s questions, ___________________.
- Someone else suggested that there would be a council of wise ___________________.
- Someone else suggested that the king should have a timetable ___________________.
- The king requested the hermit ___________________.
- They washed and dressed the bearded man’s wound ___________________.
- Many wise men answered the king’s questions, but their answers were so varied that the king was not satisfied.
- Someone else suggested that there would be a council of wise men to help the king at the right time.
- Someone else suggested that the king should have a timetable and follow it.
- The king requested the hermit to answer three questions.
- They washed and dressed the bearded man’s wound but the bleeding would not stop.
(C) Find from the lesson words which mean the following:
- To act in accordance with: ______________.
- To cause (an event) to occur earlier: ______________.
- An assembly of people who advise: ______________.
- To find by searching; to look for: ______________.
- Meet with friendliness or expression of welcome: ______________.
- Small patches of a group of plants: ______________.
- Feel sorry for: ______________.
- Got up from sleep: ______________.
- Give back: ______________.
- Loss of consciousness: ______________.
- To act in accordance with: Follow.
- To cause (an event) to occur earlier: Advance.
- An assembly of people who advise: Council.
- To find by searching; to look for: Seeking.
- Meet with friendliness or expression of welcome: Greet.
- Small patches of a group of plants: Beds.
- Feel sorry for: Pitied.
- Got up from sleep: Awake.
- Give back: Return.
- Loss of consciousness: Fainted.
To be polite when you are speaking English, you need to use these phrases correctly.
You say ‘Excuse me’ when you want to go past somebody or to attract somebody’s attention you do not know.
Sorry or I’m sorry
You say ‘sorry’ or ‘I’m sorry’ when you need to apologize for something small.
Pardon Or Sorry
These are used when you did not hear or understand what somebody said and want to repeat it.
You use the phrase ‘I’m afraid’ when you want to apologize because you have to tell somebody something that they may not like.
You say please when you ask for something or ask somebody to do something.
What will you say in the following expression?
- Somebody offers you a cup of tea but you don’t want to take it.
Ans No, Thanks.
- You want somebody to listen to you.
Ans. Excuse me.
- You did not understand what somebody said.
Ans. Sorry, what did you say?
- Someone asks you for a change of Rs. 500, but you don’t have it.
Ans. Sorry, I don’t have it.
- You want somebody to pass you the pen which is on the table.
Ans. Could you pass me the pen, please?
- You are late and your teacher asks you why you are late.
Ans. Sorry, I am late the tyre of my car got punctured.
- Somebody has offered you an apple and you ate it.
Ans. Thanks for the delicious apple.
- You want somebody to show you the way to the railway station. How will you start the conversation?
Ans. Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the railway station.
Look at the following sentence from the text. If you had not dressed his wounds, he would have died without having made peace with you.
The underlined parts are the subordinate clause and the main clause of a single sentence. The subordinate: clause here is a conditional clause also called the ‘if clause’.
If we find past perfect (had + past participle) in the ‘If-clause’, the main clause has the structure of subject + would or could or might + have + past participle. Such types of if-clauses express regret. criticism or missed opportunity.
Note: A clause must have a verb.
Now fill in the blanks with the correct tense of the verbs given in brackets:
- If I _____________ (work) hard, I would have got more marks.
- If the driver in front had not stopped so suddenly, the accident _____________ (not happen).
- He would not have played tennis if you _____________ (not give) him a racket.
- If you _____________ (not waste) your time, you would have succeeded.
- If he _____________ he _____________ it. (try, do).
- If I had worked (work) hard, I would have got more marks.
- If the driver in front had not stopped so suddenly, the accident would not have happened (not happen).
- He would not have played tennis if you had not given (not give) him a racket.
- If you had not wasted (not waste) your time, you would have succeeded.
- If he had tried, he could have done it. (try, do).
That’s it about Three Questions Class 7 Summary and Questions. Hope you got your answers. Do share your views about this post in the comment section.