Looking out for Question Answers of Poem From the Pied Piper of Hamelin on the web. Don’t worry, this particular post will brief you about From The Pied Piper of Hamelin Class 5th Question Answers in detail.
The poem “The Pied Piper of Hamelin” in the Tulip Series class 5th English textbook is an extract taken from a longer poem that narrates a story of how a piper got the city rid of rats. The poem is written by Robert Browning. Let’s get on with the pied piper of Hamelin questions and answers.
From The Pied Piper of Hamelin Class 5th Question Answers
Reading is Fun
1. How does the poet describe the eyes of the piper?
Ans. The poet described the eyes of the piper as green and blue which were sharply twinkling as if salt was sprinkled over the candle flame.
2. Who comes out of the houses?
Ans. The army of rats came out of the houses. The rats came out tumbling. There were great rats, small rats, lean rats, fat rats, brown rats, black rats, grey rats and many more types of rats in the army of rats.
3. Pick out the adjectives used to describe the rats in the poem.
Ans. The adjectives which were used to describe the rats in the poem are great, small, lean, brawny, brown, black, gray, tawny, gray old, and gray young etc.
4. What effect does piper’s, music cause?
Ans. The piper’s music made the rats, dance, rumble, grumble and tumble out of the houses into the street of Hamelin. The musical effect of piper attracted all the rats and they followed him to the river Weser where they got drowned and killed.
5. Who plunges into the river Weser?
Ans. All the rats of the town except one plunge into the river Weser. They were drowned and got killed.
6. Who is as stout as Julius Caesar?
Ans. The only rat who swam across the river Weser is as stout as Julius Caeser. It swam across the river and went to another island.
7. Who narrates the commentary in the Rat land home?
Ans. The stout rat who swam across the river Weser narrates the commentary in the Rat-land home. He cautioned all the rats about Piper’s ways and songs.
The poet compares the eyes of the piper with the flame of a candle. He also compares the rat who does not drown in the river Weser with Julius Caesar. Such a comparison is known as a simile. A simile is a comparison between two objects using the words – like, or as, e.g.;
- The pudding is as sweet as honey.
- He is as brave as a lion.
- She is beautiful like a moon.
- Rahim is strong like iron.
Now write down ten similes using “like” and as.
- His hair colour is as black as coal.
- Sham is as brave as lion.
- Looking at the bag full of money he became as greedy as wolf.
- His muscles are hard like stone.
- He has injured his feet so he is walking as slow as tortoise.
- The eyes of piper were twinkling like a star.
- The tower is as high as the sky.
- He is acting like a dumb fellow.
- The bag I am carrying is as light as it is full of feathers.
- He is a cunning fellow like a fox.
Recall the things you enjoy doing. Tell them to your class.
Ans: I like to do many things. Here is the list of things I like to do:
- Reading Books
- Making collection of books
- Writing blog
- Working in Fields
- Watching YouTube videos
- Making YouTube videos
- Surfing the web
- Watching south Indian movies
Fill in the following information:
|My name||Rafiq Ahmad|
|My D.O. B||20 January 2012|
|My residence||Masjid Mohalla Khanpora|
|My school||M S Khanpora|
|My hobby||Listening stories and watching cartoon shows.|
|My aim in life||To be a doctor|
Now, using the above facts/information, write a paragraph about yourself. (Take the help of your teacher and do it yourself)
Ans. My name is Rafiq Ahmad. I am 9 years old naughty but hardworking boy. I was born on 20 January 2012 at District Hospital Budgam. I am resident of Masjid Mohalla Khanpora. My school name is M S Khanpora. It is situation at a distance of about 500 metres from my home. I read in class 5th. I like listening to stories and watching cartoons apart from school work. I want to be a doctor in my life.
That’s all about From The Pied Piper of Hamelin Class 5th Question Answers. Hope it has helped you for your query. Do share your views about this post in the comment setion below.
Leave a Reply